Network Processing Group (NPG)
The Network Processing Design group is run by Dr. Xiaojun Wang
- Hardware acceleration for Network Security Applications
- Energy-efficient Network Processor design
- High-Level Synthesis with power-efficiency and testability considerations
- HDL modelling for synthesis and rapid FPGA Prototyping
- SFI ISCA-China (2013) SFI International Strategic Collaboraton Award. Contain budget for CIICT 2013
- Enterprise Ireland-Ericsson (Innovation Partnership) (2012-2014): Innovative Performance Management system for Heterogeneous Network Environments
- SFI Conference & Workshop Grant (2012): CIICT 2012 - 2012 CIICT Symposium on ICT and Energy Efficiency
- PRTLI 5- TGI(2011-2015): The Telecommunications Graduate Initiative
- FP7 Project (2010 - 2013): ECONET - Low Energy Consumption Networks
- IRCSET Embark Initiative (2009-2012): High Performance Hardware Accelerators for Deep Packet Inspection with Low Power Consumption
- IRCSET Embark Initiative (2008-2011): Power Efficient Caches for High Performance Network Processors
- Enterprise Ireland Commercialisation Fund (Proof of Concept) 2008: High Performance Low-Power Hardware Accelerators for Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
- Enterprise Ireland Innovation Voucher (August 2008): A configurable cache model and performance data for representative multimedia workloads running on Movidia architecture
SFI Conference & Workshop Grant (2007): CIICT 2007 - 2007 China-Ireland International Conference on Information and Communications (with Prof Liam Barry and Dr Conor McArdle)
- IRCSET Embark Initiative (2007-2009): Performance Optimization Techniques for Caching Mechanism in Network Processors
- IRCSET Embark Initiative (2007-2010): Low Power, Parallel Compiler Optimization for High Performance Network Processors
- IRCSET Embark Initiative (2006-2009): Energy-Efficient Network Processor Design
- SFI China-Ireland Science and Technology Collaboration Research Fund (2006-2008): Architecture and Compiler Optimization for Power Reduction in High Performance Network Processors (PIs: Dr Xiaojun Wang, Dr Martin Collier (DCU); Prof Bin Liu, Tsinghua University)
SFI China-Ireland Science and Technology Collaboration Research Fund (2004-2006): Research on Optimized Processing in Network Processor Units for High- performance Routers (PIs: Dr Xiaojun Wang, Dr Martin Collier (DCU); Prof. Bin Liu, Tsinghua University)
- Dr. Xiaojun Wang, Senior Lecturer, School of Electronic Engineering, DCU
- Dr. Olga Ormond , NIC Research Officer
- Dr Zhiguo Qu, Post-doctoral Research Fellow, (PhD BUPT).
- Dr Yifei Wang, Post-doctoral Research Fellow, (PhD BUPT).
- Dr Xing Zheng, Post-doctoral Research Fellow, (PhD Bangor University)
- Mr. Brendan Cronin, PhD researcher, MEng (DCU), BEng (UCC)
- Mr. Chen Sun, PhD researcher, MEng (BUPT), BEng (BUPT)
- Mr. Feng Guo, Ph.D. researcher, MEng (2010, BUPT)
- Mr. Khalid Javeed, Ph.D. researcher, MEEng (LU,Sweden), BCEng (CIIT, Pakistan)
- Mr. Shushan Hu Visiting PhD researcher, from Wuhan University
- Mr. Jie Jin Research Assistant, M.Sc (University of Southern Denmark), BEng (Hangzhou Dianzi University)
Former team members
- Dr. Xiong Huanhuan, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, (PhD Wuhan University)2010-1012.
- Dr. Zhen Liu, Post-doctoral Research Fellow, (PhD Tshinghua University) 2007-2009.
- Dr. Yachao Zhou, PhD (DCU 2012), MEng (Tsinghua University) BEng (BUPT)
- Dr. Xiaofei Wang, PhD (DCU 2012), MEng (BUPT)
- Mr. Jing Huang, MEng(DCU 2012), BSc (Wuhan University)
- Dr. David Bermingham, PhD (DCU, 2010)
- Dr. Alan Kennedy, PhD (DCU, 2010)
- Ms Li-chuan Weng, MEng (DCU, 2004)
- Mr Liang Gao, MEng (DCU, 2004)
- Dr. Valentin Muresan, PhD (DCU, 2002)
Former visiting researchers
- Dr. Xing Zheng, Visiting Postdoc (from Hangzhou Dianzi University)
- Ms. Xiang Jun Shi, Visiting MEng Researcher (from BIT)
- Mr. Xiaowei Ma ,Visiting MEng Researcher (from BIT)
- Mr. Wenliang Fu, Visiting PhD Researcher (from BIT)
- Dr. Tian Song Visiting research follow (from Beijing Institute of Technology)
- Prof Sheng Zheng Visiting professor from China Three Gorges University
- Prof Chengchen Hu Visiting professor from Xi'an Jiaotong University
- Prof Weidong Wang Visiting professor from BUPT
- Prof. Lingling Sun Visiting professor from Hangzhou Dianzi University
- Prof. Xiu Jiang Visiting professor from China Three Gorges University
- Mr. Ming Zhao, Visiting PhD Researcher (from BUPT), BEng ( 2007, BUPT)
- Government of Ireland Post-Graduate Scholarships - The call for scholarship in 2013 will open soon.
- Government of Ireland Post-Doctoral Fellowships - The call for scholarship in 2013 will open soon.
- CSC - DCU PhD Scholarship - 国家留学基金委博士生奖学金 China Scholarship Council - DCU PhD scholarship. The China Scholarship Counci PhD scholarships are open to students in "985" and "211" universities in China. Look for 爱尔兰大学联合会博士生项目 Irish Universities Association PhD project on CSC project list.
- ECONET project -we are looking for applications for Postdoctoral Researcher – Energy Efficient Networking see job ad .
If you are interested in applying for the Government of Ireland PhD scholarship or Post-Doctoral Fellowship or the CSC-DCU PhD Scholarship to do your PhD reserach in our group, you are welcome to send your CV to me.
- B. Cronin, X. Wang, “Hardware Acceleration of Regular Expression Repetitions in Deep Packet Inspection”, IET Information Security, accepted, Mar 2013.
- A. Kennedy, X. Wang, “Ultra-High Throughput Low-Power Packet Classification”, IEEE Trans on VLSI, accepted Jan 2013.
- X.F. Wang, Y. Xu, J. Jiang, O. Ormond, B. Liu and X.J. Wang, “StriFA: Stride Finite Automata for High-Speed Regular Expression Matching in Network Intrusion Detection Systems”, IEEE Systems Journal, accepted, Dec 2012.
- Ming Zhao, Tao Luo, Changchuan Yin, Guangxin Yue, Xiaojun Wang, Dynamic Spectrum Management with Competitive Market Equilibrium, Journal of Networks , Vol 8, No 2 (2013), Feb 2013, pp.283-289.
- Ming Zhao, Tao Luo, Chang-chuan Yin, Guang-xin Yue, and Xiao-jun Wang, “A Novel Dynamic Spectrum Access Algorithm for Cognitive Radio Networks”, Journal of Communications and Networks (JCN),Vol. 15, No. 1, Feb 2013. pp.38-44.
- Feng Guo, Olga Ormond, Martin Collier, Xiaojun Wang, “Power measurement of NetFPGA based router”, IEEE GreenCom’12, Sept 2012.
- Yixian Yang, Xiaojun Wang (editors), Special Issue: Frontier Research of Networks Communication Technology, Journal of Networks, ISSN 1796-2056, Vol 7, No 8 (2012), 1147-1149, Aug 2012, doi:10.4304/jnw.7.8.1147-1149.
- Feng Guo, Olga Ormond, Leonardo Fialho, Martin Collier, Xiaojun Wang, “Power consumption ayalysis of a NetFPGA based router”, The Journal of China Universities of Posts and Telecommunications, Vol.19 suppl. 1, Jun 2012, pp.94-99.
- Jing Huang, Olga Ormond, Di Ma, Xiaojun Wang, “Optimizing energy-efficiency for program partitioning and mapping onto multi-core packet processing systems”, The Journal of China Universities of Posts and Telecommunications, Vol.19 suppl. 1, Jun 2012, pp.79-86.
- Yachao Zhou, Tian Song, Xiaojun Wang, "EABF Energy Efficient Self-Adaptive Bloom Filter for Network Packet Processing", ICC 2012.
- Yachao Zhou, Yi Tang, Xiaojun Wang, “Tag-DFA for Improved DFA Compression for Deep Packet Inspection”, Procedia Engineering, Elsevier. Volume 29, 2012, Pages 3755–3762.
- Chengchen Hu, Bin Liu, Mingui Zhang, Beichuan Zhang, Xiaojun Wang, “Architectural Design of An Energy-efficient Router”, book chapter in book "Green Communications and Networking", ISBN: 978-1-4398-9913-7, CRC Press, 2012.
- Chengchen Hu, Xiaofei Wang, Xiaojun Wang, Keqiang He, Bin Liu, Measurements on Movie Distribution Behavior in Peer-to-Peer Networks, IET Communications, Volume 6, Issue 12, p.1602–1610, 2012.
- Xiaofei Wang, Chengchen Hu, Yi Tang, Ting Zhang, Chunming Wu, Bin Liu, Xiaojun Wang, "Parallel Length-based Matching Architecture for High Throughput Multi-Pattern Matching", Chinese Journal of Electronics, Vol.21, No.3, July 2012.
- Xiaofei Wang, Junchen Jiang, Yi Tang, Bin Liu and Xiaojun Wang,
``StriD2FA: Scalable Regular Expression Matching for Deep Packet
Inspection'', IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2011), 5-9 June, Kyoto, Japan.
- D. Bermingham, Z. Liu, X. Wang, “SimNP: A Flexible Platform for the Simulation of Network Processing Systems”, Communications and Network, Vol.2, No.2 (Nov 2010), pp. 207-215.
- Brendan Cronin, Xiaojun Wang, "Algorithmic Multi-match Packet Classification in Network Intrusion Detection Systems", CIICT 2010, 10-11 Oct 2010, Wuhan, China.
- A. Kennedy, X.J. Wang, Z. Liu, Bin Liu, "Ultra-High Throughput String Matching for Deep Packet Inspection", Design, Automation & Test in Europe (DATE 2010), 8-12 March, Dresdan, Germany.
- David Bermingham, Zhen Liu, Xiaojun Wang, Bin Liu "Field-Based Branch Prediction for Packet Processing Engines",The Fifteenth International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS'09), Dec. 8~11, Shenzhen, China.
- Liu, Z, Kennedy, A, Ormond, O, Wang, X, “Power-Efficient Packet Classifier for Next-Generation Routers”, ERCIM (European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics) News, No. 79, Oct. 2009.
- Alan Kennedy, Zhen Liu, Xiaojun Wang, Bin Liu, "Multi-Engine Packet Classification Hardware Accelerator", ICCCN 2009, San Francisco, 2-6 August 2009.
- YANG Fangchun, DU Junping, WANG Weining, WANG Xiaojun (eds), Proceedings of the IET 2008 China-Ireland International Conference on Information and Communications Technologies (CIICT08), Beijing, China, October 26-28, 2008, ISBN: 978-0-86341-921-8.
- D.Bermingham, X. Wang, Z. Liu, B. Liu, “Branch Prediction For Network Processors”, ICM 2008. Internatonal Conference on Microelectronics, 14-17 Dec 2008, Sharjah, UAE.
- A. Kennedy, X. Wang, Z. Liu, B. Liu, “Low Power Architecture for High Speed Packet Classification”, ACM/IEEE Symposium on Architectures for Networking and Communications Systems (ANCS2008), Nov 6-7, 2008, California, USA.
- D. Bermingham, Z.Liu, X.Wang, “SimNP: A Flexible Platform for the Simulation of Network Processing System”, ACM/IEEE Symposium on Architectures for Networking and Communications Systems (ANCS2008), Nov 6-7, 2008, California, USA.
- Alan Kennedy, Xiaojun Wang, Zhen Liu, Bin Liu, "Frequency Scaling for Multidimensional Packet Classification", The IET 2008 China-Ireland International Conference on Information and Communications Technologies (CIICT2008), Sept 26-28, 2008, Beijing, China, pp. 383 -387.
- Zhen Liu, Jia Yu, Xiaojun Wang, Bin Liu, and Laxmi Bhuyan, "Revisiting the Cache Effect on Multicore Multithreaded Network Processors", 34th EuroMicro Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications (SEAA), Sept 3-5, 2008, Italy.
- Alan Kennedy, Xiaojun Wang, Bin Liu, 'Energy Efficient Packet Classification Hardware Accelerator”, proceedings of the 2008 IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS 2008), Florida, USA, April 14-18, 2008.
- Alan Kennedy, David Bermingham, Xiaojun Wang, Bin Liu, “Power Analysis of Packet Classification on Programmable Network Processors”, Proc 2007 IEEE Intl Conf on Signal Processing and Communications (ICSPC07), Dubai, UAE, 24-27 Nov 2007, pp. 1231-1234.
- Lingling Sun, Xiaojun Wang, Boran Guan, Tieming Xiang, Martin Collier (eds), Proceedings of the 2006 China-Ireland International Conference on Information and Communications Technologies (CIICT06), Hangzhou, China, October 18-19, 2006, ISBN: 7-302-13951-2.
- Li-Chuan Weng, Xiaojun Wang, Bin Liu, “Block-level Voltage Frequency Scheduling for Low Power”, Proc of the 2006 China-Ireland International Conference on ICT (CIICT06), Hangzhou, China, 18-19, Oct 2006, ISBN 7-302-13951-2, pp.210-213.
Energy-efficiency, power-efficiency, Network Processor Design, Hardware Acceleration, Packet Classification, Deep Packet Inspection, HDL