The Creation of Novelty in Artificial Chemistries
University of Bergen
Dublin City University
- The Problem
- ABM's and Novelty
- Closed vs. Open Agents
- Novelty and (Dynamic?) Hierarchy
- A Model (Hand Waving?!)
- Naturalistic Axiom (Computer Models)
- (Coda: Indeterminism is not enough...)
- von Neumann Complexity (and its growth)
- Proof-of-principle: Biosphere
- Agents, Agent-state, Micro-state
- Microstate Novelty?
- Macrostate Novelty?
- Open-ended (perpetual) Novelty?
- Pre-specified behavioral repertoire
- Evolution in (pre-specified) parameter space
- ``Programmable'' Agents (Tierra et al)
- Pre-specified Agent Interfaces
- Artificial Chemistries
- Closed ABM
- Novel (emergent, hierarchical, macroscopic) agents
- Open agent behaviors and interfaces?
- Any old AC will not do!
- Cf. SCL (computational autopoiesis)
- The Ansatz (Rasmussen et al)?
- ``Artificial'' LMA? (molbugs...)
- Put your Model where your Mouth is! -- Bedau, 2002.
- Full Paper:
- DCU Alife Laboratory:
- Research Institute for Networks and
Communications Engineering (RINCE):
This work is copyright ©2002 by
Dominique Groß and
Permission is hereby granted to private individuals to access,
copy and distribute this work, for purposes of private study
only, provided that the distribution is complete and unmodified,
is accompanied by this copyright notice, and that no charges are
levied. The work may not be accessed or copied, in
whole or in part, for commercial purposes, except with the prior
written permission of the author.
All other rights reserved.
Copyright © 2002 All Rights Reserved.